Why Go Green?
The world is changing and faster than we know it, these days there are more people choosing to go green and live more sustainably.
There is now a much wider range of Eco-friendly – Natural products on the market which will help our planet and future generations to come, from reusable vegetable bags to zero waste cotton pads which I really enjoy using.
5 Highly Sustainable Companies Helping To Save Our Planet
There are many companies around the world trying to do their bit for the environment, I’ve highlighted a few that stood out for me.
Ananas Anam – A very sustainable Company that make beautiful leather alternative products from agricultural waste being pineapple leaves. These products contain no chemicals or animal products.
Bio – Bean – They produce logs made from recycled waste ground coffee which otherwise would have ended up in landfills generating 80% fewer emissions.
Celtic Renewables – A company based in Edinburgh create high-value renewable products such as biobutanol by repurposing what they don’t use in whisky production.
Crické – Produce high protein insect-based food products that are highly sustainable due to the fact that they can be made using 0.05% water compared to cows, 200m2 is used to produce 1kg of beef to the only 15m2 for 1kg of crickets. A few fun facts are crickets have more protein than beef, more iron than spinach and more calcium than cows.
Grow Bristol – This Company uses hydroponics in a controlled environment to produce high quality produce all year round without harming the environment.
- To preserve our natural resources.
- To prevent air, water and noise pollution.
- To become more self-reliant and responsible.
- To protect their children’s future.
- To reduce the amount of waste ending up in landfills.
- To save the rain-forests from destruction, and to protect the plants and animals natural habitat.
- To help boost the economy by buying organic locally sourced products, to reduce greenhouse emissions.
- To save money on their gas and electric by using solar energy.
- To reduce the number of toxins and chemicals entering their body.
30 Tips To Implement Right Now To Live More Sustainably
- Compost your food waste
- Home cook all your meals
- Use LED light bulbs
- Cut showers down to 5 mins
- Donate unwanted clothing
- Buy fresh produce from local markets
- Use biodegradable products
- Always take your own bags to supermarkets
- Make use of natural light as much as possible
- Opt in to receive all mail digitally
- Hang clothes on a line instead of using a tumble dryer
- Grow your own fresh produce
- Reduce your meat consumption
- Always ask for email receipts instead of having them printed
- Use charity shops
- invest in solar-powered chargers
- Buy pre-owned appliances
- Look out for energy-efficient technology
- Use washable straws
- Make your own cleaning supplies
- Invest in water-saving devices
- Invest in a bicycle and ride to work
- Make your own DIY face masks and moisturisers
- Make handmade gifts instead of buying
- Use shampoo and soap bars
- Turn lights off when you leave a room
- Use the library often instead of buying books
- Recycle more
- Use reusable cloths
- Research sustainable living